The Dash Egg Cooker could be your go-to kitchen appliance to cook eggs in different ways in a flash. But to use it like an expert, one must know his way around the machine. But what do the Dash Egg Cooker instructions say?
The Dash Egg Cooker manual is a detailed guide to the machine’s different parts and features. It also elaborates on how you can use it for cooking eggs in different styles, such as omelets, boiled eggs, or poached eggs.
The manual also shows the user how to take care of the appliance and safely use it. Our egg enthusiasts also took a liking to the Dash Egg Cooker and prepared a short and precise user guide for you.
What Is A Dash Egg Cooker?
If you are unfamiliar with the Dash Egg Cooker, the following question will pop up: “What is a Dash Egg Cooker?.”
The Dash Egg Cooker is a rapid egg-cooking device that will cook eggs within minutes. You can boil eggs faster with it than you can boil water on the stove. This appliance can help you to boil, poach, or make devilled eggs with simple methods.
The egg cooker manual has all the instructions on how to use the appliance properly. You will be able to download the manual on their website, Bydash.
Dash Egg Cooker Components
A regular Dash Egg Cooker has the following components,
- A body where you can put the required amounts of eggs.
- The front of the main body includes a power button and indicator light.
- The body is equipped with two handles that act as locks.
- A heating plate is inside the body, which cooks the eggs.
- A lid with a handle on top to cover the heating plate and a hole to let the steam out.
- Three trays to cook eggs in different styles: for poaching, boiling and making omelets.
- A measurement cup with a pin underneath that indicates how much needs to be used for different purposes.
Does Dash Egg Cooker Turn Off Automatically?
Yes, the Dash Egg Cooker has an auto-shutoff feature. The egg cooker will turn off automatically when the water on the heating plate evaporates and the buzzer sounds. In addition, there is a thermal sensor installed within the cooker that detects the water temperature.
That is why it turns off automatically when the cooking is done. This feature is handy for those who like to multi-task and do not like to wait around.
How Does Dash Egg Cooker Work?
The Dash Egg Cooker uses water to cook the eggs. The basic principle is to pour water based on what type of egg you want to cook. Then all you have to do is put the eggs on the tray, close the lid, and turn the cooker on.
The amount of water changes based on how you cook the eggs. A free measuring cup with a pin on the bottom comes with the egg cooker to help you with that.
The water is heated by the heating plate when the cooker is turned on. After the egg is cooked, a buzzer will sound, and it will automatically shut off.
Dash Egg Cooker Manual & Instructions
You can cook various styles of eggs in the Dash Egg Cooker. However, not all processes have exact instructions.
How To Make Omelets In Dash Egg Cooker?
You can cook omelets with Dash Egg Cooker in only a few simple steps.
- Before adding the eggs to the omelet bowl, grease it lightly with cooking spray.
- Whisk 1 to 2 eggs in a separate bowl. Then add the eggs to the omelet bowl.
- Add cold water to the measuring cup until it reaches the “omelet/poached” mark.
- Fill the heating plate with water.
- Ensure the omelet bowl goes on top of the boiling tray, not directly on the heat.
- Cover the Rapid Egg Cooker with the lid and plug it in.
- Press the power button on the cooker to turn on the power for it to cook.
- A buzzer will sound when the omelets are done cooking!
For a proper omelet, the Dash Cooker will take about 9 minutes to cook. Leaving the eggs in the Rapid Egg Cooker for an additional two minutes will result in a drier omelet.
The eggs will expand a bit during the cooking process, which is normal. However, as soon as the lid is opened, they will begin to contract. Make sure you remove your omelet with a spatula as quickly as possible.
How to Boil Eggs With Dash Egg Cooker?
With the Dash Egg Cooker, you can boil eggs based on your preference. Tweaking the boiling process only a bit would change the outcome. Make sure the Rapid Egg Cooker is unplugged before you begin.
- Use the pin at the bottom of the measuring cup to pierce the larger end of each egg. The holes on the larger end of the eggs should point upward.
- Fill the heating plate with the right amount of cold water using the measuring cup. It is usually marked on the cooking pot how much water to add based on different boiling styles.
- The boiling tray must be attached to the handle and placed on the heating plate.
- Eggs should be placed only at the place designed on the tray.
- Now, plug in the Rapid Egg Cooker and cover it with the lid.
- Press the power button to start the cooking process. Upon pressing the button, you will see the indicator light come on, which indicates that it is working.
- There will be a buzzer that will let you know when the eggs are ready.
- Press the power button to turn off the buzzer and remove the eggs.
- Be cautious when handling the eggs, as they will be hot.
Egg Boiling Methods:
Boiling time depends on the number of eggs and the boiling style you choose.
- Soft Boiled Eggs: Fill the measuring cup up to the mark “soft,” and use the amount of water on the heating plate. For up to three soft-boiled eggs, you will need 7 minutes. It will need to boil for more than three eggs for 10 minutes.
- Medium Boiled Eggs: For medium boiled, three eggs would take a minimum of 9 minutes. For six eggs, you’ll have to wait for 12 minutes. Use the measuring cup to fix the amount of water. Do not add water more than the “medium” mark.
- Hard Boiled Eggs: To hard boil, three eggs would require 12 minutes. If you would like to boil more, it will take at least 16 minutes. First, fill the measuring cup with water to the “hard” mark. This is crucial and has to be maintained for perfectly boiled eggs.
Pro Tip: To make peeling the eggs easier, soak them in ice water for a minute or run them under cold water immediately after taking them out of the Rapid Egg Cooker.
How To Poach Egg In Dash Egg Cooker?
This is similar to the dash deluxe egg cooker instructions for making an omelet. Do everything exactly as in the omelet-making method. Also, for poaching, you do not need to whisk your eggs before putting them in the cooker.
Use a poaching tray instead of an omelet bowl. Spray some cooking oil onto the tray and break the eggs onto it. For a perfectly poached egg, you will require to cook for 9 minutes for 1-3 eggs. For up to 4-6 eggs, cook up to 13 minutes.
Dash Egg Cooker Cleaning Instructions
When cleaning the Dash Egg Cooker, you need to take extra care of the heating plate. Thus, the process of cleaning it is different from other parts.
Clean the Heating Plate:
There are two proper ways to clean your heating plates. The first one is, making a DIY cleaner using water and vinegar.
Here is how-
- Mix water and vinegar, 10% vinegar and 90% water.
- Take a sponge and soak it in the mixture.
- Gently rub the heating plate in a circular motion until the plate is cleaned.
- Rinse it with water and leave it out to dry.
Another way would be to use magic scrubs.
- Immerse the heating plate in water.
- Slowly rub the magic scrub all over the plate. The plate should get all soapy.
- When the plate is clean, rinse it with water and leave it to dry.
Reminder: Your heating plate will never rust; however, it will accumulate minerals from the water over time. That’s why cleaning it from time to time is essential.
Clean Other Parts:
It’s best to wash the Dash Egg Cooker accessories and lid with soapy, warm water. Then, wipe down all the device parts with a wet cloth to make them as clean as possible.
All parts must be thoroughly dried before using them. Cover the heating plate with the lid, and turn the lid clockwise until the tabs completely slide underneath the handles.
Before cleaning, you must take extra measures to avoid accidents.
- Wait until the Rapid Egg Cooker is cool before cleaning it.
- Ensure the Body is not submerged in water or any other liquid while being cleaned. For example, the body is not safe to clean in a dishwasher.
- Make sure the egg cooker is unplugged before cleaning or moving it.
Dash Egg Cooker: Safety and Maintenance Tips
There are a couple of safety measures to be taken while using the Dash Egg Cooker. First, the device is small and harmless but uses electricity and heats up quickly. So, precautions are a must.
- Before using an appliance, make sure it is clean.
- Use the appliance only for its intended purpose.
- Whenever you move, clean, store, or are not using the appliance, unplug it.
- Place this appliance away from hot gas, electric, or heated burners.
- Keep your hands away from the Dash Rapid Egg Cooker while operating.
- Use caution when removing the lid from the Dash Egg Cooker with the lid locked.
- Keep your hands and arms away from the steam hole during use.
- Measuring Cups contain sharp pins on their bottoms, so handle them cautiously.
- Before removing the eggs, ensure the Rapid Egg Cooker is off.
Dash egg cookers can save you a lot of time and hassle if you know how to use them properly. That’s where the Dash egg cooker instruction or manual comes in handy.
You can use the Dash egg cooker for cooking different styles of eggs. Besides, several egg recipes can be made using this device. But the device is an electrical appliance; you must take some precautions while using and maintaining it.