The Ninja Foodi is a pressure cooker that can also be used as a slow cooker and air fryer. Along the way, you may look for the Ninja Foodi reset button to perform a reset if it does not work perfectly.
Sometimes, the Ninja Foodi won’t work properly when you use both the air fryer and the pressure cooker at the same time. Well, this multifunctional cooker may malfunction due to overuse or overheating.
Regarding this, a reset will resolve most of the errors and malfunctions. However, if you look for the reset button in the Ninja Foodi, you won’t find it.
But that doesn’t mean you cannot reset this cooker at all. So, follow this guide to learn everything you must know about the Ninja Foodi reset methods and how to reset Ninja Foodi easily.
What Is Ninja Foodi?
The Ninja Foodi is a fantastic multifunctional electric appliance that can work independently as a pressure cooker, air fryer, slow cooker, steamer, oven, etc.
Further, the functions are completely independent of one another. If you want to cook some rice while air-frying some drumsticks, it’s the best choice.
Moreover, as a homemaker and an office worker, this cooker is a great deal where you can make tons of meals altogether.
So, weigh out your needs and use the Ninja Foodie multipurpose cooker for an amazing kitchen experience.
Is There Any Ninja Foodi Reset Button?
Unfortunately, there is no reset button in the Ninja Foodie pressure cooker cum air fryer. As a result, you won’t be able to perform a reset directly through a button. However, that won’t prevent you from resetting your cooker.
Most kitchen appliances come with a reset button or key to easily reset them to their default function/settings. So, there is a small downside to not getting a reset function in the Ninja Foodi cooker.
But don’t worry, even if Ninja Foodi doesn’t have a reset button, you can still reset it by using two methods.
- Reset The Ninja Foodi Using The Power Button.
- Reset The Ninja Foodi By Disconnecting The Power Cable.
Thus, let’s learn the two most straightforward ways to reset the Ninja Foodi without a reset button and solve all issues.
How To Reset Ninja Foodi Quickly?
Just by using two easy methods, you can reset the Ninja Foodi combo cooker without a hassle. Moreover, all the issues will hopefully disperse after resetting.
So, check the guidelines with the steps below to know how to reset the Ninja Foodi air fryer.
1. Reset Using The Power Button
It is exactly what you are thinking; you can use the power button as a Ninja Foodi reset button perfectly.
Follow the steps below to reset Ninja Foodi pressure cooker through the power button:
- Turn On your Ninja FD401 Foodi 12-in-1 cooker.
- Click on the power button again to turn it Off.
- Switch it On again by following the first step.
- The Ninja Foodie has successfully restarted and reset.
Now, the cooker is in its default settings, and any ongoing functions causing malfunction have been terminated.
2. Disconnect the Ninja FD401 Foodie From The Power Source
Let’s move on to the next methods to carry out the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker reset without the reset and power button:
- Disconnect the Ninja Foodi air fryer from the power socket.
- Let it stay unplugged for 5 minutes.
- Plug it back in and power up the cooker.
- Set the time, temperature, and cooking function, and start frying and cooking.
Hence, the reset should fix most of the problems with your Ninja Foodi. However, if the cooker is still unresponsive while initiating some cooking function, it needs something more than resetting.
Ninja Foodi Is Not Working: 12 Common Reasons
If the Ninja Foodi cooker reset is ineffective to fix the errors, there must be some underlying causes responsible.
So, here are the potential causes with solutions that may be making the Ninja Foodi slow cooker act improperly:
1. Misinstalled Air Fryer Basket
You may have misplaced the basket inside the air fryer while installing it. On the other hand, the grill can be full of debris and can’t fit in the place where it’s supposed to.
While installing the Ninja Foodi air fryer basket, you need to be careful and place it in a proper position that won’t prevent the cooker from operating.
The same goes for other components, such as racks or grills. After you correctly install these, the Ninja Multipurpose cooker will work efficiently.
2. Defective Power Outlet or Cord
Perhaps the power outlet is defective and can’t supply enough power to properly operate the Ninja slow cooker. Besides, if the power cord is faulty, it will not be able to provide support to the power connection.
Further, if the power cord is loosened from the outlet, it will not work in any way. Either way, your Ninja pressure cooker will fail to operate.
Always ensure the power cords are properly connected to the power outlet. While you are at it, please check if the outlet is ok or damaged. Therefore, you can try and repair them.
You need to replace the damaged power cord and power outlet by getting a professional’s help if repairing doesn’t help.
3. Faulty Circuit Board
The most essential component of a slow/pressure cooker or air fryer is a Circuit Board. If the circuit board is damaged or fused somehow, no function will operate in your Ninja cooker.
You can repair the defective circuit or control board by soldering and installing some appropriate wirings. But if the control board is still not working in order, replacement is inevitable.
You can check for the circuit board’s continuity with the help of an ohmmeter or multimeter.
4. Broken Heating Element
Your Ninja Foodi cooker will not produce essential heat if its heating element is burnt or broken.
As a result, you may sometimes notice that the Ninja Foodi is working from the outside but won’t heat up.
The fused heating element won’t produce and distribute heat even if other functions of your cooker work fine.
You need to change the fused heating element of your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker, or else it won’t work at all.
5. Insufficient Electricity
In some cases, an inadequate flow of electricity will make your Ninja cooker stop working.
Moreover, unreliable power connections will also hamper the operations of the Ninja air fryer.
Ensure the electricity flow is sufficient in your kitchen power outlets. Before that, don’t forget to double-check the power cords and other components of the cooker as well.
After reaching a solid conclusion, you should call electricians for help.
6. Damaged Internal parts
If you mistakenly drop your Ninja Cooker, some internal parts may get broken without you knowing.
In case, any internal parts are broken, the Ninja Foodi will not function at all. It can be an associated wire, the magnetron, the keypad, the thermostat, and so on.
First, you need to inspect the whole Ninja Foodi slow cooker for any broken or damaged parts.
If the outer body is unscathed, disassemble the cooker and look for any signs of damage in the control board, keypad, door/lid, or torn wires.
Thus, change the damaged parts to make your cooker work again.
7. Defective Lid
Sometimes, if the Lid is defective and won’t lock properly, the Ninja Foodi cooker will not work due to a safety precaution.
There are two lids in the multifunctional Ninja air fryer. So, follow the steps below to fix the cooker’s lid:
- Inspect both lids to find any dents or anything unusual.
- Replace the broken and worn-out parts of the door or lid.
- Clean up the nasty and dried-up dirt that is hampering the lid from locking properly.
Thus, your Ninja Foodi is all set to fry some wedges
8. Standby Mode
You have unknowingly pressed something that started the standby mode in the Ninja Foodi pressure and slow cooker.
In this regard, the controls and functions will not work at all.
Change the Ninja Foodi cooker’s cooking mode from the standby mode by following the steps below:
- Press the Start button to get access to the control panel.
- Click on any cooking mode.
- You can now use other functions like usual.
9. Defective Ninja Foodi Motor
Due to overuse and overheating, the motor of your Ninja grill and air fryer may wear out or become defective. This will halt Ninja Foodi’s operations.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Follow the user manual to pry open and get to the fan motor.
- Use a multimeter to check if it’s working.
- Replace the motor with a new one with the same model.
- Reassemble the Ninja Foodi cooker to use it.
10. Malfunctioning Ninja Foodi Grill Thermometer
If the thermometer of the Ninja Foodi is faulty, it will not operate any cooking actions.
On the contrary, it may need some calibration or be properly installed unless the grill feature is unable to detect it.
Use the steps below to restore the grill thermometer of the Ninja Foodi cooker:
- Install the grill thermometer in the cooker properly.
- The probe must be placed inside the grill (Or the cooker will display a “Probe Failure” error code).
- Calibrate the grill by setting the appropriate cooking temperature.
- Make essential replacements if the thermometer and its probe are broken.
11. Short Circuit In Ninja Cooker
The short circuit in the control board of the Ninja pressure cooker or power supply may damage the device even more just by connecting the appliance to the electricity.
Hence, the cooker may even die down completely.
Follow the steps below:
- Open the Ninja Cooker and get to the control panel where all the wirings reside.
- Check if any of the wiring is damaged.
- Torn wires may touch other wires and make unsupported connections.
- Use a soldering tool to reattach disconnected wires.
- Use new wires if the old wires are worn out beyond repair.
12. Dead Ninja Foodi Cooker
That’s right, like everything else, your Ninja Foodi cooker, aka oven, has expired and stopped working for good. Hence, no amount of repair or replacement will ever fix it.
If your Ninja Foodie pressure cooker is dead after a long term of use, purchase a new one.
With these Ninja Foodi troubleshoots, you are able to fix most of the common Ninja Foodi problems easily.
Tips: Ensure caution while repairing the Ninja Foodi DIY; you don’t want to get electrocuted for being careless. Further, don’t hesitate to seek customer service or expert help if you can manage to take any action.
Additional Tips For Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker Reset Button
There are times when you must reset your cooker and other times, the reset won’t help.
So, here are the tips on when you should reset the Ninja Foodi:
- When you want the Ninja Foodi to be back in the default settings (original), reset it.
- Unusual malfunctions like sudden switch off, keypad not working, displaying error codes, and not turning off may be fixed through a reset.
- Using two cooking modes at a time may make the Ninja Foodi need a little reset or restart after the session ends.
- If some cooking functions or modes aren’t responsive, resetting will resolve it.
- Reset the cooker if the cooking timer isn’t working properly.
- Resetting will help before starting to make food using Ninja Foodi.
- In case, you can’t set the desired temperature for some reason, reset the cooker.
Remember, if any parts of the Ninja Foodi are fused, broken, or damaged, the reset won’t help with anything.
Now, you know everything there is to know about the Ninja Foodi reset button. In addition, you know that the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker reset is possible without the reset button.
Of course, resetting won’t solve all the problems in the Ninja Foodi air fryer. But it will definitely fix most of the temporary problems ruining your cooking experience.
So, follow the steps to reset the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker. Further, don’t forget to check out other solutions if necessary.